Monday, February 6, 2017

Expansion...

I have been trying to think of interesting things to add to this new Patreon experience for my music challenge... while I have loads of unrelated ideas, I want to be sure I keep this focused on the music for the time being. I don't know if this is at all interesting to anyone else, but I was plunking around on the piano recently, trying to remember a song I wrote years and years (and years) ago (which may be February's tune)... it wasn't pretty, but I recorded some of it. Given my experience with January, and how I found myself wondering if professional musicans are just perfect human beings (and something I'll never be), I thought it would be interesting to try to document some of the "unpretty" parts... the beginning stages... the parts we don't typically want others to see... Now hopefully this section isn't just going to be filled with painful notes and frustrated grunts that will just give you (and me) a headache, but I am creating a "Patreon Patrons only" section to my website, where this content can be watched, laughed at, and maybe make "failed perfectionists" (such as myself) realize there isn't shame in imperfections... this is the process of growth!

If this does sound appealing, the new tier will be available for $5/month... where you will receive the password for the Patreon Patron's section of my website, and of course it includes the previous tier's reward of listening/downloading the final song on Patreon.

I'm not sure what I am getting myself into with this... but I figure it gives me a chance to use this new computer investment more fully, learn the iMovie program, play with basic video editing again, and document the creative process. Plus, maybe it will be helpful to see where I start versus where I end up in a month's time! So if you're interested in more than just still photos from Facebook/Patreon and would like to see some of the other pieces of the puzzle, check it out: www.patreon.com/NFGartist (the $5/month level).

1 comment: